About the Role
• Coordinate with purchasing and production to provide accurate lead times
• Review orders for accuracy and compatibility
• Ensure customer accounts are in good standing to move orders forward
o 24 hour maximum turn around for orders to be processed
• Project Management-Keeping orders on schedule
o Orders over 100k get special attention, project meetings to ensure all details are completed. Coordinate with Engineering, Sales, Purchasing and Production to lay out timelines and any extra details as needed.
• Customer Service- Field customer questions, provide answers when possible or get them in touch with appropriate department.
• Set up meetings as needed to resolve issues or potential issues
• Multidepartment liaison-Operations is where all departments overlap. Help establish SOPs to keep business moving through every step to ensure customers products are delivered correctly and on time.
• Work with other department managers to look for solutions as new problems arise as company continues growth/expansion.
• Oversee purchasing dept and monitor purchasing needs to help prioritize tasks/opportunities as needed
• Help identify current and future opportunities needed for sourcing.
• Work with Production manager to prioritize work load
• Allocate resources when experiencing vendor delays or other inventory related issues
• Develops and maintains a safe and effective organization through the selection, training, compensation, and motivation of personnel.
• Manages budgets and forecasts, lead times.
• Perform quality controls and monitor production KPIs
• Find ways to increase quality of customer service
• Directs the Production Manager in the preparation and implementation of operating plans and strategies consistent with business objectives/plans.
• Develops plans to use the facilities, equipment, and personnel to meet current and future manufacturing requirements including department budgets and guidelines, plant layout and improvements.
• Manages the production reporting system for the specified area to ensure accurate information for inventory and manufacturing cost controls.
• Drives continuous improvement plans and strategies consistent with business objectives(reduced conversion cost) to help meet or exceed the agreed to AOP.
• Recommends proper use of machines, tools, and equipment.
• Prepares dependable cost estimates for changes in manufacturing methods.
• Develops and / or evaluates programs designed to improve the manufacturing process.
• Directs compliance, for areas of responsibility, with IS9O001, and federal, state, and local regulatory agencies.
• Maintains proper shop disciplines and procedures, ensuring timely and accurate data input and manufacturing cost controls.
• Develops and maintains a positive relationship with the customers, corporate support functions (sales, engineering, program management, purchasing) employees, and departments that support the manufacturing process.
• Manages the applicable departments with the appropriate communication of goals, performance feedback, and rewards and recognition to provide optimum employee relations.
· PREFERRED SKILLS/EXPERIENCE:
3+ years of Operations/Bookkeeping experience
Must be willing to manage team members as well as production supervisors.
Knowledge of ISO Quality Management Systems a plus.
Strategic leadership with ability to predict and maintain results.
Exceptional organizational skills and ability to manage multiple priorities and ensure customers are presented with proper lead times.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills.